Monday, March 19, 2007

Weekend in review


1. Went to lunch and the range with Dad and Joe B. Dad shot his 404 and Joe shot this weird single shot 30-06 pistol. I should have got a picture.


2. Played with the new power tools, which include a nail gun, compressor, and circular saw (hitachi). I'm an almost all hitachi tool man. Check out the family blog to see pics of the beadboard in the nursery, it turned out really nice.


3. Put together this piece of crap cabinet by Coleman (see pic). The back of it was, no joke, made of paper! So I threw the paper away and cut a plywood backing to it. It will do okay to hold paint and other things I don't care about in an unnoticed corner of the garage.


The question is, what is the best garage storage cabinet for the money? Costco makes great shelves, but I want something enclosed to keep dust out.
I'm thinking about these ones from lowes:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Check out Home Depot Husky brand storage solutions.

Or you can redo the whole garage with custom shelving and paint the floor with rustoleum (tough shop floor paint)

I didnt do it to my place because my garage slab is too cracked and not level enough with the property slope. That and its not a nice enough place where I am staying for a long time to enjoy it, nor bring the house value up.